Day Surf Camps
Check off “Learn to Surf” from your bucket list and sample an amazing day of NW surfing in our Day Surf Camps! Your day’s fun adventure will unfold as follows:
- Be introduced to the original NW surf shop and their stoked crew at Cleanline Surf Company while you’re personally fitted in a wetsuit and parts with your newly met and soon to be “surf sisters”.
- Head down to the day’s chosen beach location in carpools to start the day’s camp.
- Morning beach Amrita Mindfulness Yoga on a beautiful NW Pacific beach location each day. Learn asanas (poses) that will relax your bodies and minds so your inner focus is keener to surf.
- Learn how to survey the beach for the 6 critical forecast conditions with NWWSC’s “Recipe for a Perfect Wave”. This informs you with the forecast tools to watch for to plan your next epic surf session.
- During the on-beach surf lesson, you’ll be taught the 12 essential surfing skills with the layers of understanding to prepare you on land, before entering the water to catch waves with them.
- Suit up and head out into the waves with your surf coaches for the day’s first water session. Empowered with your new surf skills on land, now it’s time to paddle for your first wave and “pop up”.
- We’ll break for a delicious and nutritious catered organic lunch which will fuel up even the hungriest surf chick. Two choices for the day’s lunch.
- The afternoon’s surf session boosts your skill building and confidence in the waves.
- All surf and wetsuit equipment for day of camp. Equipment transportation included.
- Wrap up your day of camp with a choice of NWWSC tee-shirt and Partner’s Goodie Bag as your souvenirs.
- Last but not least, create a new “surf sistership” that connects you with your old friends and new friends who’ve shared this awesome day of fun together….hooting each other on the whole way!
Two Day Surf Camps are offered this summer; Saturdays, June 23 and September 1, 2018. Camps run from 9 am to 5 pm. Space for 12 women (ages 14 to 70 years young) in each camp. Minimum of 8 students needed to hold camp. Advanced beginner swimming skills required. Gath surf helmets and soft top surfboards are provided to all students for their safety and concussion prevention. Talented, mature and experienced women surf instructors are your personal coaches for the day’s fun! Student to teacher ratio is 4:1 or less, depending on the size of the group.
- Pre-register at least 14 days prior to the camp date to assure your space in it and to receive a $25 savings! Regular Day Surf Camp price is $275; with “early bird discount” you’ll pay $250. When registering less than 14 days prior to the camp date, you’ll pay regular price of $275. Book your Day Surf Camp Here with Active.com online registration with your credit or debit card of choice. Please read our Cancellation Policy before booking your day camp event.
- Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Saturday, September 1, 2018
Alternate Payment Option for Day Surf Camps
If you would prefer to book a Day Surf Camp event with your check or money order payment, please contact the Director Lexie Hallahan first, to assure your space in your chosen event. Then if space is available and confirmed by her, you may register and pay by mail prior to the camp event of choice by printing off a Surf Camp Registration Form and a NWWSC Liability Release Waiver from the website. Then mail both with your camp check or money order payment to NWWSC, PO Box 425, Seaside, OR 97138. Only take the “early bird discount” of $25 off, if you’re mailing in time for the Director to receive 14 days prior to the event. Regular price is $275, with pre-registered price $250. The Liability Release Waiver must be read and signed by the participant or the parent/guardian for minor participants.
Contact Director Lexie Hallahan with your questions/concerns at cell # (503) 440-5782 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit Contact Form here.