Day Surfing Camps
Check off “Learn to Surf” from your bucket list and sample an amazingly fun day of surfing in our NW Women’s Day Surf Camps! How the day will unfold.
- Be introduced to the original NW surf shop and their stoked crew at Cleanline Surf Company while you’re custom fitted in a wetsuit and parts with your soon to be “surf sisters”.
- Head to the day’s chosen beach location in carpools to start the day’s camp.
- Learn how to survey the beach for the six critical forecasting conditions with the “Recipe for a Perfect Wave”.
- Enjoy a morning Amrita Mindfulness Beach Yoga session with supportive stretches for your surfing session that center you in the moment.
- Gain the 12 essential surfing skills in the “layers” that prepare you on the land before you enter the water to catch your first wave.
- Suit up and head out into the waves with your surf coaches for the day’s first water session. Empowered with your new surf skills on land, now it’s time to paddle for your first wave and “pop up”!
- We’ll break for a delicious catered organic lunch teeming with flavorful nutritious ingredients to satisfy even the hungriest surf chick.
- The afternoon’s surf session boosts your skill building and confidence in the waves with your new “surf sisters” hooting you on!
- Wrap up with a souvenir NWWSC tee-shirt and Partner’s Goodie Bag of swag. “A day well lived and surfed!”
Two Day Surf Camps are offered this summer; Saturdays July 23 and September 3, 2016. Camps run from 9 am to 5 pm. Space for 12 women (age 14 to 70 years young) in each camp. Minimum of 8 students are needed to hold camp. Advanced beginner swimming skills required. Gath surf helmets are provided to all students for their safety along with Soft top surfboards. Our talented, mature and experienced surf instructors are your personal coaches for the day’s fun. They make sure you’re in a safe, supportive, nurturing and highly enthusiastic environment while you learn. Student to teacher ratio is 4:1 or less, depending on the size of the group.
- Pre-register at least 14 days prior to the camp date to assure your space in it and to receive $25 in savings! Regular camp price is $275, pre-registered you’ll pay $250. You will pay $275 for camp if registration and payment are received less than two weeks prior to the camp date. Book your Day Surf Camp here with Active.com online registration with your credit or debit card. Please read our Cancellation Policy before booking your camp.
- Saturday, July 23, 2016
- Saturday, September 3, 2016