Take a weekend beach escape from your busy lives and invite your best friends to join you in one of our fun filled Girlfriend Getaway Surf Weekenders this summer! Enjoy some sweet time out in nature with wonderful women who share your passion of being in the moment. Experience surfing in a safe, supportive, nurturing and highly enthusiastic camp environment. What to expect? Two days of surf camps includes:
- Morning beach Amrita Mindfulness yoga on a beautiful Pacific NW beach location each day. Learn asanas that will loosen your bodies and your minds so you can have that inner focus needed to learn surfing.
- On beach surf lesson where you’ll be taught the 12 essential skills in the “layers” that prepare you on the land, before you enter the water to catch waves with them.
- Learn how to survey the beach for the six critical forecasting conditions with the “Recipe for a Perfect Wave”. Giving you the knowledge that clues you in when it’s best for you to go surfing.
- Hours of water time in each day’s camp to practice your new surfing skills and honing them with NWWSC’s exceptional surf coaches.
- An understanding of localism and wave etiquette, so when you start to paddle to the outside, you’ll know the most important surfing rules to keep in mind.
- Catered organic and delicious lunches, with your choice from two options each day.
- All surf and wetsuit equipment for the two days of camps. Equipment transportation also included.
- Wrap up your second day of camp with a choice of NWWSC tee-shirt and a Partner’s Goodie Bag as your souvenirs.
- Last but not least, create a new “surf sistership” that connects you with your old friends and new friends who’ve shared this awesome weekend of fun together…hooting each other on the whole way!
Four Surf Weekenders are offered this summer. July 23-24, August 20-21, September 3-4 and September 17-18, 2016. Camps run from 9 am to 5 pm. Overnight lodging not included. See below for lodging option when you book at Active.com. Space for 12 women (age 14 to 70 years young) in each weekender. Minimum of 8 students are needed to hold camp. Advanced beginner swimming skills required. Gath surf helmets are provided to all students for their safety along with Soft top surfboards. Our talented, mature and experienced surf instructors are your personal coaches for the weekend fun. Student to teacher ratio is 4:1 or less, depending on the size of the group.
Pre-register at least 14 days prior to the weekend date to assure your space in it and to receive $48 in savings! Regular weekender price is $498, pre-registered you’ll pay $450. You will pay $498 for the weekender if registration and payment are received less than two weeks prior to the weekend date.Book your Surf Weekender here with Active.com online registration with your credit or debit card. Please read our Cancellation Policy before booking your camp.
Alternative Payment OptionYou may also register and pay by mail by printing off a Surf Camp Registration Form and a NWWSC Liability Release Waiver from the website and mailing with your payment payable to NWWSC, PO Box 425, Seaside,OR 97138. Remember to include the cost of your chosen Hostel lodging if you’re planning on staying there. Waiver must be read and signed by the participant or the parent/guardian for minors.
Optional Weekend Lodging InformationAccommodations for overnight lodging can be provided by Seaside International Hostel in Seaside, Oregon. "This hostel was Voted One of the Top Ten in North America" by Hostelling International. For further details and amenities for the hostel, visit them at www.seasidehostel.net online or email them at email@example.com
- Private Room with double or queen bed, set of bunk beds and private bath, linen provided. Summer rates (first two people) are $89 per night (9% Room Tax is included). Note: Private Room can sleep up to 5 guests. Rollaway bed can be added. Additional charge for added guests during summer $37 per person. Under 18 years of age $18.50 each.
- Women's Only Dorm Room with bunk beds, shared bathroom and rental sheet included. Summer rate is $37 per night (9% Room Tax is included).
- Breakfast items offered are pancake mix and eggs in their group kitchen. Fix yourself.