PARENTS AND KIDS SURF CAMPS
Want to learn to surf with your kids in fun filled day surf camp experiences? Two mid week surf camp experiences for parents and their kids, ages 6 to 12 years old, offered in July and August. We chose midweek to avoid the busyness both in the waves with excessive weekend surfer traffic and to avoid the difficulty of finding parking on weekends at the state park. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays of each month’s camp event, you can book one, two or all three days of camps. Students must attend the first day of camp, and then can opt in for additional second and third days of camps, in order to keep the learning flow cohesive. You will have the option of one, two or three days of camps at Active.com online registration when you book your space. Times each day are 9 to 3, 11-3 and 11-3.
- July 12, 13, 14, 2022 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- August 9, 10, 11, 2022 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
What’s included in the three days of camps:
- Fun and informative Cape Falcon Marine Reserve short presentation. Learn about the cool ocean species that reside in the ocean here.
- Learn how to survey the beach for 3 forecast conditions; the tides, currents and winds.
- Learn how to read the local tide table to pick the best tidal surf window for you to learn in.
- Learn the 12 essential surfing skills and techniques to succeed at surfing.
- Experience hours on the beach and in water exceptional surf instruction and coaching from our all women team of coaches. Including paddling techniques, reading the waves, dropping in and surf etiquette.
- Camp photographer RJ Sweet will take photos in camps and then they will be shared with students.
- Kid’s Froth softop surfboard with flex fins. Gath surf helmets for everyone. Both part of our concussion prevention program. Director brings these to the camp meetup.
- Wetsuit and wetsuit parts will be pre-bagged by Cleanline Surf Shop rental staff from the sizes shared on registration forms. Longboards for parents and the bagged wetsuit gear can be picked up the afternoon before the first day camp meetup. Rental softracks are available for vehicles.
- Kind nutrition bars and fresh fruit for snacks. Bring your own picnic lunches for your family. Lunch is not included.
- Souvenir NWWSC Tidebook.
Board and wetsuit recommendations are given on the third day of camp, to assist your family in purchasing the right gear for your surfing success. Cleanline Surf Shop offers our students special discounts on your first time purchase of surfboards, wetsuits and parts. Coupon sheet given at camp.
After immersing your family for three days of surf camps, you will feel confident in pursuing your family’s desire to surf together. Our methodology of teaching surfing is unique to our program and can be taught to kids and adults together in our learning circle. Water coaching will be broken into adult group and kids group with coaches. Space for 12 students in this surfing camp experience.
The first day of Parent and Kids Day Surf Camp is $259 per participant. The second and third days of camps are $175 per participant. Three days of surf camps are $609 each.
We encourage you to book early to assure your family’s space in your chosen month’s camps. Our events do fill and the earlier you book your space, the more confidence you will have to be confirmed for it.
Please read Cancellation Policy before booking your camp event. After you’ve booked your camp event, you will receive camp confirmation with all details for camps.
LITTLE KID’S COED GROUP SURF LESSONS
Have your young kids learn and experience the thrill and fun of surfing on the North Oregon Coast this summer! Three weekend dates this summer for kiddos surfing fun, ages 6 to 12 years, to learn to surf in a fun, safe and supportive learning environment.
Exceptional female coaches with years of surf instruction and coaching experience will teach kids during these sessions.
Discounts available when booking more than one at Active.com registration. Parents can sign their kids up for one lesson or all three throughout the summer. Receive substantial savings and immerse your kids in summer surf lessons and coaching. Launch your kid’s surfing desires and development this summer! Book Now to assure your kid’s spots in these fun summer sessions.
First group lesson is $145 includes Froth softop flex fin board and Gath surf helmet. 10% discount on all lessons when booking 2 or 3 with Active.com online registration.
- Saturday, June 11, 2022 (8 to 11 am)
- Sunday, July 10, 2022 (7:30 to 10:30 am)
- Sunday, August 21, 2022 (7:30 to 10:30 am)
What’s included in these three hour sessions:
- Taught ocean and board safety.
- Learn the 12 essential skills of surfing.
- Understanding of tides and how to exit a rip current.
- Learn to read a tide table for the best surf window.
- Hours of instruction on beach learning skills and in waves catching them.
- Fun connection with other kids and coaches.
- Froth soft lightweight surfboards with flex fins.
- GATH surf helmets during lesson.
- Kind Bars and 2022 Tide Table provided.
The best tidal times and beach locations are selected for each day’s lesson, based on current day’s surf forecast. Earlier morning meetups provide less crowded wave conditions and ease in finding parking.
Wetsuits and wetsuit parts are not included in lesson price and will need to be rented prior to the lesson. Cleanline Surf Shops in Seaside and Cannon Beach offer our students a special 20% discount off of kid’s wetsuits and parts. Boots, gloves and hoods are needed for lessons.
All coaches are currently CPR and First Aid Certified. A rescue surfboard and first aid kit are on beach every lesson, if needed. Space for 9 kids in each session. Student to teacher ratio 3:1. Please read Cancellation Policy before booking sessions.
Liability release waivers are agreed online when you book your kid’s lessons at Active.com. The NWWSC Director will have parent/guardian sign a printed copy when she meets up with families for the day’s lesson(s). Emergency contact and essential information about your child is asked online when you book their lesson(s) in the registration process. This information is with the Director and her coaches at all times in lessons, if needed.
COED BODYBOARD CLINICS FOR TEENS & ADULTS
It’s our fifth summer season with this bodyboard offering on the North Oregon Coast. Experience the thrill of catching waves prone on a custom Hydro bodyboard with swim fins. These three hour empowering clinics will be coached by three NW women bodyboarders with years of experience between them to share with students. Four clinics will be offered this 2022 summer season on four Sundays.
Three hour group bodyboard clinic includes:
- An understanding of how to survey the beach and ocean conditions for your skill level.
- Riptide and long shore current awareness.
- Learn how to read local tide table to determine the best “bodyboard window” for your bodyboarding skill level.
- How to determine best offshore conditions for the beach.
- Build your “layers” of understanding from the essential bodyboard skills and techniques from talented bodyboard coaches, including kicking out with your fins, hooking the wave to ride it and pulling up on the rail to angle down the line.
- Receive on beach training followed by coached training in the waves.
- Complimentary 2022 NWWSC Tide Table and Kind Bar per student.
Cleanline Surf Shops at Seaside and Cannon Beach offer our students a special rate of $45 for full day bodyboard rental package. You just need to let them know you’re in a group lesson with NW Womens Surf Camps. Regular rental rate is $60. Total cost for three hour group lesson with full day surf rental package is $175 per student.
Bodyboard day rental package includes Hydro bodyboard, swim fins, wetsuit, fin socks, gloves, and hood.
If you already own some of your gear, then Cleanline Surf Shops will give you 20% discount off of your partial rentals. Let the Director Lexie know if you don’t need to rent gear. She will want to check with you on the bodyboard you own; to be sure it’s the right length and float for your lesson.
All current COVID19 guidelines have been met. Advanced beginner to intermediate swimming skills are required of participants. If not sure what swimming level you should be, then please contact Director Lexie Hallahan prior to booking this clinic. Her email is email@example.com or call her at # 503.440.5782. There is space for 12 students in the four group clinics offered this summer season. We keep a safe student to teacher ratio of 4:1. All three coaches are currently CPR and First Aid certified. All have passed lifeguard tests; one is currently certified in Lifeguarding. A first aid kit is on the beach during clinics, if needed. Please read our Cancellation Policy before booking your coed group surf lesson.