PARENTS AND KIDS SURF CAMPS
Want to learn to surf with your kids in fun filled day surf camp experiences? Join our midweek series of camps for parents (Mom, Dad or both) and their young kids, ages 6 to 12 years, on July 18-20, 2023.
We chose midweek to avoid the busyness both in the waves with excessive weekend surfer traffic and to avoid the difficulty of finding parking on weekends at Seaside Cove and State Park beach locations. You can book one, two or all three days of camps for your family. All students must attend the first day of camp, and then can opt in for additional second and/or third days of camps. You will have the option of one, two or three days of camps at Active.com online registration when you book your space. Parents will book their dates, then register separately for children at Active.com registration. Times each day are 9 to 3, 11-3 and 11-3.
The first day of Parent and Kids Day Surf Camp is $269 per participant. The second and third days of camps are $185 per participant. Three days of surf camps are $639 each.
What’s included in the three days of camps:
- Fun and informative Cape Falcon Marine Reserve short presentation. Learn about the cool ocean species that reside in the ocean here.
- Learn how to survey the beach for 3 forecast conditions; the tides, currents and winds.
- Learn how to read the local tide table to pick the best tidal surf window for you to learn in.
- Learn the 12 essential surfing skills and techniques to succeed at surfing.
- Experience hours on the beach and in water exceptional surf instruction and coaching from our all women team of coaches. Including paddling techniques, reading the waves, dropping in and surf etiquette.
- Camp photographer RJ Sweet will take photos in camps and then they will be shared in Gallery on Pic-Time in the fall 2023, for students to enjoy, print and share.
- Kid’s Froth softop surfboard with flex fins. Gath surf helmets for everyone. Both part of our concussion prevention program. Director brings these to the camp meetup.
- Wetsuit and wetsuit parts will be pre-bagged by Cleanline Surf Shop rental staff from the sizes shared on registration forms. Longboards for parents and the bagged wetsuit gear can be picked up the afternoon before the first day camp meetup. Rental softracks are available for vehicles.
- Kind nutrition bars and fresh fruit for snacks. Bring your own picnic lunches for your family. Lunch is not included.
- Souvenir NWWSC Tidebook.
Board and wetsuit recommendations are given on the third day of camp, to assist your family in purchasing the right gear for your surfing success. Cleanline Surf Shop offers our students special discounts on your first time purchase of surfboards, wetsuits and parts. Coupon sheet given at camp.
After immersing your family for three days of surf camps, you will feel confident in pursuing your family’s desire to surf together. Our methodology of teaching surfing is unique to our program and can be taught to kids and adults together in our learning circle. Water coaching will be broken into adult group and kids group with coaches. Space for 16 students in this surfing camp experience.
We encourage you to book early to assure your family’s space in these unique family camps!
Please read Cancellation Policy before booking your camp event. After you’ve booked your camp event, you will receive camp confirmation with all details for camps.
Kids Coed Group Surf Lessons
Have your young kids learn and experience the thrill and fun of surfing on the North Oregon Coast this summer! Three weekend dates this summer for kiddos surfing fun, ages 6 to 12 years, to learn to surf in a fun, safe and supportive learning environment.
Exceptional female coaches with years of surf instruction and coaching experience will teach kids during these sessions.
Discounts available when booking more than one at Active.com registration. Parents can sign their kids up for one lesson or all three throughout the summer. Receive substantial savings and immerse your kids in summer surf lessons and coaching. Launch your kid’s surfing desires and development this summer! Book Now to assure your kid’s spots in these fun summer sessions.
First group lesson is $155 includes Froth softop flex fin board and Gath surf helmet. Complimentary KIND bar and NWWSC local tide book.
Savings 10 to 20% off each session, depending if you book two, three or all four.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023 (1:30 to 4:30 pm)
- Wednesday, July 5, 2023 (1:00 to 4:00 pm)
- Wednesday, August 2, 2023 (Noon to 3:00 pm)
- Wednesday, August 16, 2023 (11:30 am to 2:30 pm)
What’s included in these three hour sessions:
- Taught ocean and board safety.
- Learn the 12 essential skills of surfing.
- Understanding of tides and how to exit a rip current.
- Learn to read a tide table for the best surf window.
- Hours of instruction on beach learning skills and in waves catching them.
- Fun connection with other kids and coaches.
- Froth soft lightweight surfboards with flex fins included.
- GATH surf helmets during lesson.
- Kind Bars and 2023 NWWSC Tide Table provided.
The best tidal times and beach locations are selected for each day’s lesson, based on current day’s surf forecast. Wetsuits and wetsuit parts are not included in lesson price and will need to be rented prior to the lesson. Cleanline Surf Shops in Seaside and Cannon Beach offer our students a special 20% discount off of kid’s wetsuits and parts. Boots, gloves and hoods are needed for lessons.
All coaches are currently CPR and First Aid Certified. A rescue surfboard and first aid kit are on beach every lesson, if needed. Space for 9 kids in each session. Student to teacher ratio 3:1. Please read Cancellation Policy before booking sessions.
Liability release waivers are agreed online when you book your kid’s lessons at Active.com. The NWWSC Director will have parent/guardian sign a printed copy when she meets up with families for the day’s lesson(s). Emergency contact and essential information about your child is asked online when you book their lesson(s) in the registration process. This information is with the Director and her coaches at all times in lessons, if needed. Current COVID19 Oregon state guidelines are met.
NEW Advanced Beginner Bodyboard Group Coached Sessions- Book Here! Details Here
COED BODYBOARD CLINICS FOR TEENS & ADULTS
It’s our sixth summer season with this bodyboard offering on the North Oregon Coast. Experience the thrill of catching waves prone on a custom bodyboard with swim fins. These three hour empowering clinics will be coached by three NW women bodyboarders with years of experience between them to share with students. Two clinics will be offered this 2023 summer season on two Sundays.
Three hour group bodyboard clinic includes:
- An understanding of how to survey the beach and ocean conditions for your skill level.
- Riptide and long shore current awareness.
- Learn how to read local tide table to determine the best “bodyboard window” for your bodyboarding skill level.
- How to determine best offshore conditions for the beach.
- Build your “layers” of understanding from the essential bodyboard skills and techniques from talented bodyboard coaches, including kicking out with your fins, hooking the wave to ride it and pulling up on the rail to angle down the line.
- Receive on beach training followed by coached training in the waves.
- Complimentary 2023 NWWSC Tide Table and Kind Bar per student.
Cleanline Surf Shops at Seaside and Cannon Beach offer our students a special rate of $55 for full day bodyboard rental package. You just need to let them know you’re in a group lesson with NW Womens Surf Camps. Regular rental rate is $70. Total cost for three hour group lesson with full day surf rental package is $195 per student. Bodyboard day rental package includes custom bodyboard, swim fins, wetsuit, fin socks, gloves, and hood.
If you already own some of your gear, then Cleanline Surf Shops will give you 20% discount off of your partial rentals. Let the Director Lexie know if you don’t need to rent gear. She will want to check with you on the bodyboard you own; to be sure it’s the right length and float for your lesson.
All current COVID19 guidelines have been met. Advanced beginner to intermediate swimming skills are required of participants. If not sure what swimming level you should be, then please contact Director Lexie Hallahan prior to booking this clinic. Her email is email@example.com or call her at # 503.440.5782.
There is space for 12 students in the four group clinics offered this summer season. We keep a safe student to teacher ratio of 4:1. All three coaches are currently CPR and First Aid certified. All have passed lifeguard tests; one is currently certified in Lifeguarding. A first aid kit is on the beach during clinics, if needed. Please read our Cancellation Policy before booking your coed group surf lesson.
NEW ADVANCED BEGINNER BODYBOARD COACHED SESSIONS
NEW for 2023, Advanced Beginner Women Bodyboard Group Coached sessions. Learn the skills essential to progress from a beginner bodyboarder on the inside white water to an advanced beginner/intermediate bodyboarder on the outside break. Gain the insights on skills that you can then practice and hone in. Swim fins are worn in these progressive sessions.
Kicking out techniques, reading the wave peaks, dropping in deep, lining up for maximum waves and safety, etiquette, surfing down the line of the wave, cutbacks and more.
Save $10 per session when you book more than one date.
NWWSC's experienced, mature women bodyboard coaches will share their years of wave catching knowledge and skills, with each and every student. Teen girls and adult women can join these events. Book more than one session date and receive multi-discount pricing, saving you $10 per session.
Students will need to bring their own bodyboard with leash, swimfins, 5mm finsocks or booties (if they fit with swimfins), gloves, hood and wetsuit to the event meetup. No rentals are included in these sessions cost. If you need to rent some gear, Cleanline Surf Shop offers 20% off of all rental gear to our students. Just let them know you are in a session with NWWSC to receive this discounted pricing.