Take a weekend beach escape from your busy lives and invite your friends to join you in one of our four fun-filled Girlfriend Getaway Surf Weekenders this summer! Enjoy some sweet time out in nature with enthusiastic women who share your passion of being in the moment. Experience surfing in a safe, supportive, nurturing and empowering camp environment with our exceptional all women surf coaching team. What to expect from this two day surfing camp immersion?
Two days of surf camps includes:
- For 2023 Surf Weekenders, our camp Photographer RJ Sweet will shoot a wave session and do a fun group shoot during the camp events. All summer camp photos will be shared to students in galleries on Pic-Time in the fall, to enjoy, print, and share.
- Morning beach Amrita Mindfulness Yoga on a beautiful NW Pacific beach location each day. Learn asanas (poses) that will relax your bodies and minds so your inner focus is keener to surf.
- During the on-beach surf lesson, you’ll be taught the 12 essential surfing skills with the layers of understanding to prepare you on land, before entering the water to catch waves with them.
- Learn how to survey the beach for the 6 critical forecast conditions with NWWSC’s “Recipe for a Perfect Wave”. This informs you with the forecast tools to watch for to plan your next epic surf session. Learn how to survey the beach for the 6 critical forecast conditions with NWWSC’s “Recipe for a Perfect Wave”. This informs you with the forecast tools to watch for to plan your next epic surf session. NEW Recipe for a Perfect Wave video series purchase here.
- Hours of wave time in each day’s camp to practice your new surfing skills and hone them in with your awesome women coaches.
- Gain an understanding of wave etiquette and localism which prepares you, when you’re ready, to be able to paddle “outside” and know the important surfing rules in the lineup.
- Delicious and nutritious catered organic lunches which will fuel you for both day’s adventures. Two choices for each day’s lunch.
- All surf and wetsuit equipment for two days of camps. Equipment transportation included.
- Wrap up your second day of camp with a choice of NWWSC tee-shirt or tank top and a goodie bag as your souvenirs.
- Last but not least, create a new “surf sistership” that connects you with your old friends and new friends who’ve shared this awesome weekend of fun together…hooting each other on, the whole way!
Four Surf Weekenders are offered this summer season; June 17-18, July 29-30, August 12-13 and September 2-3. Daily camps run from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Overnight lodging not included and must be made by students. Space for 16 women (ages 13 to 65 years young) in each weekender. Minimum of 12 students are needed to hold camps. Advanced beginner swimming skills required. Gath surf helmets and soft top surfboards are provided to all students for their safety and concussion prevention. Our talented, mature and experienced women surf instructors are your personal coaches for the weekend’s fun. Student to teacher ratio is 4:1 or less, depending on the size of the group. Surf Weekender camps run 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Students must be able to “tag team” carry their surfboards with another student down 1/3 mile trail to beach and back up trail after the lesson. Students also carry their own backpacks filled with wetsuit gear, lunch and day’s needs. No sherpas available for hire.
Our regular Surf Weekender price is $649. Take advantage of “early bird discount”by booking your space 14 days prior to the event date and save $50, special price $599. All bookings made less than 14 days prior will pay our regular price of $649.
We encourage you to book early to assure your space in your chosen event date. Our events do fill and the earlier you book your space, the more confidence you will have to be confirmed for it. Pay at Active.com online registration with your credit or debit card of choice. Please read our Cancellation Policy before booking your weekender event.
ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT OPTION
If you would prefer to book a Surf Weekender event with your check or money order payment, saving the Active.com processing fee, please contact the Director Lexie Hallahan first, to assure space in your chosen event. Then if space is available and confirmed by her, you may register and pay by mail prior to the weekender event of choice, by printing off a Surf Camp Registration Form and a NWWSC Liability Release Waiver from the website. Then mail both with your weekender check or money order payment to NWWSC, PO Box 425, Seaside, OR 97138. Only take the “early bird discount” of $50 off, if you’re mailing in time for the Director to receive 14 days prior to the event. Regular price is $649, with pre-registered price $599.